Gastrointestinal infections are a major cause of diarrheal illness worldwide and result in millions of emergency department visits and hospitalizations annually.
Clinicians have often utilized a combination of several types of testing to reach a diagnosis consisting of cultures, microscopy, antigen detection and colonoscopy. These tests require rigid collection techniques and are labor intensive, time consuming, and often inconclusive.
Rapid and accurate detection of culprit pathogens is vital for patients to receive appropriate therapy and take proper infection control measures to prevent the progression and spread of disease.
Vikor Scientific™ offers the clinician access to the most advanced molecular methodology for pathogen detection, quantification, and resistance gene identification. Vikor delivers rapid and precise results simultaneously through a value-based technology platform, ABXAssist™, which incorporates regional sensitivity and susceptibility patterns, medication costs, antibiotic spectrum of activity, and FDA guidance.
The end product is a patient-centered, value-based care solution that enables providers to make informed treatment decisions that could avoid inappropriate therapy, excess costs, adverse drug events and the progression of disease.
- Prevents Delays in Diagnosis & Treatment (*24 hrs. Post Lab Arrival)
- Detects Polymicrobial Infections Simultaneously
- Identifies 30 Antibiotic Resistance Genes
- Unaffected by Concurrent Medications
- Reduces Unnecessary Drug Exposure and Adverse Events
- Decreases the Progression and Spread of Infection
- Provides Up-to-Date Regional Sensitivity & Susceptibility Patterns
- Improves Selection of Narrow-Spectrum Antibiotics
- Prepares Clinicians to Make Cost-Sensitive Treatment Decisions
- Easily Accessible (Mobile, Web-portal or EHR Integration)
* Test results could be delayed in some circumstances when there is error in clerical documentation, collections, lab handling, or a delay in shipping.